This is part of our Family Matters series given every Saturday evening between maghrib and ishaa. Please feel free to join us at Masjid at-Tawheed in Stone Mountain, GA, or tune in via our telelink line 712-432-8038.
We have recently completed the series "Educating our Children" as taken from one of the works of our noble Sheikh Abdur-Razzaq al-Badr hafidhahullaah.
Today we begin a new series regarding the Rights of the Spouses as taken from a work of our noble sheikh, the mufti Abdul-Azeez Aal ash-Shaykh entitled The Fiqh of Family and Society.
A summary of the points we will cover:
1. The husband and wife should know their rights and obligations
2. The rights that the woman has over her husband
3. A man living with his wife with kindness and not harming her is obligatory and not optional.
4. To be patient and endure the things a husband sees from his wife (and is displeased with)
5. Let us keep in mind that the Messenger was the best husband and example for us
6. The husband must take into consideration that the woman has weakness in her
7. The rights the husband has over his wife
8. A warning for the wives not to disobey their husbands in that which is permissible
9. The virtue and merit of a righteous wife
10. The virtue and merit of a wife who keeps the family together and is concerned with this
11. The calamity of a woman who (through her actions, statements, decisions) who seeks to destroy the family
12. That wisdom is the main key in finding solutions to marital problems